What should I do if my meter is faulty?

  • Updated

As Metering and Billing Agents, Data Energy is not responsible for the maintenance and repairs of the metering equipment installed on site, however, we can help advise you on what action to take if you have concerns.

If you are a Leaseholder, and you have concerns or suspect that your meter is faulty, recording incorrect readings, or if there is no heat/hot water supply to your apartment, you should contact your Managing Agent in the first instance to let them know. If you are a private tenant, we recommend that you contact your Landlord, and if you are a social tenant, we recommend that you contact your Housing Association.

Whilst we are not responsible for the equipment on site, we can still assist residents with their concerns. Our Technical Team can attend your property to investigate metering and data collection faults, however if any parts require replacement, the Building Owner or their respective Managing Agent would need to instruct us to arrange replacement and visit the property again to complete the repairs.

Depending on our arrangement with the Building Owner/Managing Agent, we may be able to take your instruction to inspect the meter within your apartment. Please note that there will be a charge for this attendance, payable in advance. We would send a metering and data collection technician, therefore if the issue is with any other piece of equipment (your HIU for example), we would not be able to diagnose this.

For more information on who is responsible for maintenance and repair of your meter and data collection network, visit our Stakeholders and their responsibilities article. 

Was this article helpful?